Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a whirl wind!

So, I started my first week at Longview P.D. and I had a lot of computer information thrown my way, but the second week, I had actual punches thrown my way! We started this week learning the S.P.E.A.R defense tactics and man, 8 hours of that was all I wanted. I loved it, but it was a complete workout. Today, we started working with a tool called the OPN which is the code word for nunchucks.

I never thought I would carry that, but man is that a cool tool! Anyway, I dont really know how my two little stick arms are going to hold up to the pinching, twisting, wrapping, pressure of the next 8 hours, but it cannot pass soon enough.

 I realize how much I do not know. I am in with 3 other (5 if you count the instructors) experienced officers, which is fine because I am learning from them. It is sort of weird being on a learning level and taking down your first Sgt. and FTO Coordinator! Overall, it is been great so far and I have learned a lot and getting to know people in my department.

God has and will always be GOOD!

No comments: