Thursday, August 28, 2008

New School Semester!

And it isn't going as planned....but then I remembered...when does it go as planned? After spending 2 days driving back and forth to UT Tyler...I finally got registered for Fall 2008. I picked my major as Criminal Justice and my minor is Spanish. Since most people choose sociology (which I love) or psychology...I decided to do something different and my advisor was VERY excited that I did. Anyway. I only was able to get into ONE class! That stinks! I am used to taking 4-5 at any given time, but I guess this will help me adjust and get into the swing of a new school. Who knows.....

Well, Clint and I are moving our church letter to my old church...Hainesville Baptist Church. We are so excited and really love the preacher. We have been welcomed with open arms...unlike the last church where you MIGHT get a wave from a familiar face. Everyone is so happy to have us. We have already build several relationships with the preacher, young adult teacher, and a couple other members. I can't wait. It is so funny because Jagger isn't too keen (for some reason) on joining the youth so he sits in the congregation with us. The elderly ladies are like "But they have punch and cookies"....I remember that punch and cookies from when I was little but they were home made then, so there might not be much to miss now because the ladies that made them are either dead or bed ridden. We are not a very closed couple. That means, Clint and I will tell you of our not so great moments and laugh about them later. Most would sweep it under the rug or try to not talk about it but not us...we don't hid anything. We have been going to Hainesville for a few weeks and the preacher is already repeating our stories in good humor, but of course not telling the congregation who it is. I guess there isn't any better form of flattery, but it is still funny because it catches us off guard, and then we are like "Wait! He got that from us!"

No comments: