Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Weekend....

Well, it has been 6 yrs since Clint asked me to marry him. WOW! 6 Years! I know that isn't a very long time when you look at the elderly couples that have been married 40, 50, 60 years, but it is for someone our age. I know people that have been married and remarried with children by multiple mothers/fathers that are younger than Clint and I. So, yes, in my mind, that is quite a feat.

Friday, Clint took off work, to go register his new boat, yes, another new boat! This one should last us forever. So, when I got home from lunch, he was out in the flower beds......and I saw a light in the carport....he had a surprise for me. He had gotten me 4 baby ducks and 1 baby goose! He knows I have always wanted them, so they were the best Valentines I have had in a long time!!! Little things crack me up. I don't need fancy clothes, dinners, cars or a fancy house. Those things are nice, but I would rather spend my time playing with Jagger, the dogs, and now my little farm animals. Hopefully I will get a pig for my birthday! I also did get some Vera Wang perfume LOOK that I have been wanting as well, so yes, I still have a girly side.

Looks like someone wants to buy my car, now, if we could just get our schedule together to have them look at it! I am so excited, except now, I can't find a car I want. I guess I will just have to be patient about it. It will work itself out.

Tonight is ladies bible study at church. We will be studying about what to do if you are depressed. I am super excited! I love the church home we have found and all the people in it. I am not big on the choirs I have seen in the past, but we have some really really talented people in ours. I think the choir speaks loudly about the type of church you have. If you want to tell how strong a church is, look at the choir is my rule of thumb!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glad you had a relaxing V-day. You crack me up with all your farm animal love! :) Maybe you need a Snuggie too so you can still hold them all safely. Hahaha!!! Check back this weekend for pics of Zach in his.