Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Week

We had a very very busy but fun week last week. I am tired and at my first day back at work 1/2 sick and some how I bit the underside of my tongue and burned the roof of my mouth. All in all, it is going well I think!

Jagger had about 10 Christmas's, and after that, we stopped trying to count and about 8 of which was just with mine and Clints families. He got a ton of stuff again and so did we. I wonder what we will have to do to make people understand to STOP buying stuff for us. I think next year we are going to suggest drawing names for more than just the siblings. Clint has 4 other siblings and that isn't counting their kids or significant others. So after you calculate 6 grandparents...it gets to be too much to haul home and way too much money spent! I would rather them take the money they were going to spend on me and donate it to someone.

Speaking of doing good....we finally were able to go back to the Grand Saline cememtery and look at "Baby Grands" new headstone. I know that it is kind of a morbid thing to get excited about, but we were completely heartbroken when we realized that everyone had just forgotten about a child that was found in a road ditch. Jagger has really taken to us stopping and putting flowers out or a stuffed animal. I want to show him that if you see something you don't like, don't wait around for someone else to change it. There isn't anything wrong with trying to correct the situation. We got some pictures, but I don't know how to load them, so if you have a myspace you can see them there...if you don't have one get one and search for me www.myspace.com/aka_nikkioglesby

I have been trying to get motivated for school to start back up on Jan. 5th. I am more excited that I won't have to travel so much and I can hopefully start running again. We will see, but my goal is to do some 1/2 marathons or atleast the 5K we walk every year for Susan G. Komen. I know 5K isn't far, but it can be when you are out of shape! I am also hoping that with a little bit more free time, I will be able to get involved with a charity I have been wanting to participate in for some time now. C.A.S.A. I would love to be a child advocate. Hopefully I will be able to set some ground work down for my future with this organization now or atleast find out where I am suppose to be in this crazy old world. Well, thanks for reading and have a Happy New Year!

No comments: