Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3-24-08 What chew talkin’ bout Willis?

Ok, after about a year and a half of searching...I finally found the Chinese Crested puppy I have always been dreaming of. First off, Kenyon was the nicest lady I have ever met and she agreed to meet me an hour closer because I was driving 4 hours...so this cut my trip by two. Clint was "less than thrilled" about this new addition to our house. He had at one time allowed Priscilla to be an inside dog but that only lasted a few months because well.....Beagles shed worse than any dog on the planet. So, knowing that I already wanted a hairless Chinese Crested....I started working my magic! These dogs normally start anywhere from $800 to $1500 and even go as high as $2500! I knew I would never get one, but I kept searching anyway. I found Willis! He was perfect! (and affordable no where near the $800 starting point.)I wanted a grey, white/black one from the start. If you dont know about these dogs, they are some of the most loving dogs ever. They are lap dogs that where used in Africa in the 1700’s as bed warmers. THey come in two varieties....with hair (powder puff) and hairless. Normally they get all their teeth and usually loose the front ones so their tongues hang out. Willis didn’t get his front teeth, but can still eat dry food. He will get to be about 8 lbs. They dont need bathes every week, just wipe them with baby wipes, no shedding, and since no teeth, no chewing. I "get" to buy him clothes for the winter and need to put sunscreen on him for the summer so his little hiney doesn’t get burned! LOL! I love him so much already and can’t wait for him to get "ugly" Just remember " Real dogs don’t wear fur" lol.

No comments: