Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3-11-08 I just want to make a statement....

Not too long ago a woman with a small child (1 small child) told me that she didn't see how I did it.....working full time and going to school full time, being married, with a step child. She tells me she works with a child, but I have only known her to stay at home. REALLY? Her husband has his own business and they make a ton of money.....enough that she does the paper work but has time to do everything and anything she wants. You don't see how I do it? I have sometimes been guilty of doing too much and spreading myself too thin that it at times causes quite a strain on my home life then when you add my husband going to school too, it can make things a lot worse or can make us so busy that we don't realize we have been lacking in adult time one on one. I personally feel like I do not do enough. I a lot of the time, I feel like I am always going, but not making an impact on someones life like I really want to. I feel like I should be influencing someone instead of focusing on myself. (even though, focusing on myself right now means I will greatly help others later) I realize that there may or may not be something missing in my life because I have no kids but that is because we have decided not to have kids that will be with a sitter all day and our parents all night until we get home from school, because school isn't something we are willing to give up on, even being 27 and 28 years old. The real accomplishments are the single mothers that work full time and go to school full time because they realize that the might be missing out now, but they will be able to provide so much later when their children are old enough to appreciate it. The mothers that stay at home to make sure their children learn from the best and become well rounded people and not a cancer on society. I am about to volunteer my time for hopefully Smith County Juvenile Services but I wanted to do that anyway....I am just currently enrolled in a class that is requiring it. These kids will be products of their environment. So how do we judge that we are doing too much or when do we know that we are admired by the people we want to be the most like. If I had kids of my own, I better be able to stay at home. Isn't staying at home with your kids suppose to be the most precious and most wanted times of our lives? So why is this woman that is basically a stay at home mom telling me she admires me? I am not trying to bring her down by trying to build me up, because I really don't think she would ever read this.....but why am I "doing so much?"

No comments: